>
Paper and Petals

Monday, October 27, 2008

a simple Christmas card

This card is a very simple card that was so easy to put together using mostly new SU! supplies. Although I love Mr. Twigster I also love this little tree that came with him so I thought I'd make that the focal point. The brown panel with the DSP was actually going to be a gift card holder. I made this for a swap and decided I should make a card instead so I cut it up and adheared it to a card base.

I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing for cards this year. I think I want to duplicate the one you buy in the stores...you know the 4x8 cards with a greeting and a photo together. I hope to have a sample in the next week. I really want to get them done early so I can work on my calendars. I usually make 10 calendars for people in the family. I'm so excited to see Basic Grey has a calendar kit. I usually start from scratch and make the calendar. This kit however is amazing and I don't think I could do it myself for less. Embellish-It scrapbooking will have them in stock soon and I'll update with a link when I have one.

I have so many projects that I want to do and can't find the time! I spent a week following the Ali Edwards blog and taking pictures for my Week in the life album. I have all the pictures printed and an album ready and still haven't sat down to complete it. Now she has another great idea on her blog today and I want to do that one too! What kinds of projects do you you all want to complete these days?





1 comment:

Kendra said...

I love this card. I saw it on SCS and CASE'd it (with credit of course). Thanks for the inspirations!

Embellish It Scrapbooking